Monday, October 8, 2012

Solving the Problem of My Democrat Clothes


I had serious misgivings about going out and buying a brand new Republican wardrobe this weekend.  Since Becoming Republican I hate supporting the ObamaEconomy in any way shape or form.

But I had to do it.  There was no way I could hold my head up wearing jeans from Old Navy, shirts from the Gap, and shoes from DSW.  Ugh, I can’t believe I wore that crap!

So I did the next best thing to not spending money to help Obama.  I bought clothes that were not made by union gangsters here in the US, nor by the currency manipulators in China.

Instead, I went out and bought seven Dolce & Gabbana suits ($14,000), seven Brioni ties ($2,100), and seven pairs of Prada shoes ($6,300). 

Now I realize Italians are irresponsible deficit spenders who live in Europe and that we shouldn't support them in their prolifigate ways, but all those centuries catering to the aristocracy have taught them a thing or two about making luxury clothing.

I'm learning that sometimes you have to just look the other way when it comes to something you want.   

That was on Saturday.  I tell you I was feeling pretty good about myself until I remembered on Sunday that Mitt Romney always shows up at public campaign events in jeans and windbreakers.

Have I gone too far?




No comments:

Post a Comment