Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My "Common Man" Clothes Delayed Again

Yesterday my flight to Dallas was cancelled.  Today it’s delayed due to rain.  So here I sit languishing at La Guardia again.  
Public air travel is the worst.  Reagan should have privatized the whole thing when he busted the air traffic controllers' union.  Once Mitt is elected I won’t have this problem.  
Anyway, to pass the time here in the SkyLounge, I’m researching Western-style belt buckles for my second set of Republican clothes.  As I said yesterday, Becoming Republican isn’t as simple as I thought it would be.  You need both $3,000 suits and  “common man” get-ups.  For the latter -- per George W. -- big shiny belt buckles are key.
At this point, I’ve definitely decided to get Don’t Tread on Me and Lone Star buckles, and, of course, the Screaming Eagle. Those are pretty much givens.
I’m not sure about the Southern Cross of the Confederacy – as a Northerner I have some squeamishness about wearing the Confederate symbol.  
I wonder -- is my squeamishness regional or is it holdover from my former life as a Democrat?  Since Becoming Republican, I find it difficult to engage in self-reflection.
Also I wonder if it would be considered gauche to wear the Don’t Tread on Me and the Southern Cross buckles at the same time.  
I’ll have to ask George W. when I get to Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment