Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mitt Romney and "Mission Accomplished"


I loaned Mitt Romney my George W. Bush “Mission Accomplished” belt buckle for the debate on Tuesday night, but I’m not sure if he wore it. 

Although Mitt showed his usual strong disregard for the liberal niceties of debate – liberal rules designed to keep Republican power in check – he didn’t interrupt the Marxist moderator anywhere near as much as he should have.  Nor did he intimidate Obama as thoroughly as he did in the first debate.  

No, something wasn’t right about Mitt on Tuesday. 

There is another possibility, and a dreadful one at that.  It’s possible that Mitt did wear “Mission Accomplished.”  What I’m thinking now is that it’s possible “Mission Accomplished’s” powerful force field might have somehow conflicted with Mitt’s own force field.  

There could have been some kind of “neutralization” effect.  Here's what I mean: In the same way that two wrongs don’t make a right, “Mission Accomplished” might have played havoc with Mitt’s undisputed, world champion Master Debater mojo.   

The power of the “Mission Accomplished” buckle is well-known.  In a 3-hour period, the buckle secured me a position on the board at Nieman Marcus and a flight back to New York from Dallas on Donald Trump’s private jet.

But I guess I didn’t think that in the wrong hands, or more accurately, around the wrong waist, “Mission Accomplished” could have untoward effects.   It never crossed my mind that “Mission Accomplished” could be anything but a powerful force for good.

I hope Mitt isn’t mad at me. 

I hope I get “Mission Accomplished” back soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment