Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My New, New Republican Clothes

Becoming Republican is a little trickier than I thought.

Now I need a second set of Republican clothes.  

This morning I realized that my Saturday purchase of seven Dolce & Gabbana suits,  seven Brioni ties, and seven Prada pairs of shoes completed only one half of my new Republican wardrobe.   

Common man clothes, Southern man clothes like George W. wore.  That's the other half, that's what I need now.  George W. understood the power big shiny belt buckles have over people's imaginations.  

So I am here at La Guardia waiting for my flight to Dallas to board.  (I don’t have a personal shopper yet or a private jet for that matter; they will come when Mitt is elected.)

I must say I am excited about checking out the big silver and bronze Western belt buckles -- feeling their heft, fingering the embossed American eagles, the Don’t Tread on Me snakes.  What a rich and powerful iconography we Republicans have. 

What do Democrats have?  I can't think of a single thing.  Oh, except, of course for Lenin's hammer and sickle and Hitler's swastika!    

No wonder we Republicans are the winners, the job creators, the makers not the takers.  We’re the eagles – the top predators.  We’re the snakes – cold-blooded with sharp poisonous fangs.  Don't Tread on Us!

The Democrats tried to chop us up with Dodd-Frank.   In the twilight of Obama we reassemble.  

When the Romney sun comes out, we will warm ourselves in his golden rays and strike again.

Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment